Tuesday, August 19, 2008

All About Me Day 1

My name is Phillip Howell AKA: Jimmy Knife fight, Double L, Worros, The Hand of Karma, The Brewer, The Flip-Cup Master, and once as the Infamous Mr. Howell. I have lived in Mobile my whole life though I have traveled quite a lot. Most of the states and large parts of Europe now worry of my dropping by for a pint. Yes a pint, I am Irish through all of my mothers side and a chunk of my fathers.
I am a history and education major and plan to get my masters and PhD as soon as physically and mentally possible. I have wanted to teach history ever since the 9th grade, quite a while since I am 25. I also spent 2.5 years in the navy though was sadly discharged due to migraine headaches.
I have a little brother who turns 21 this Sunday which means that I will either kill him for making me feel too old or just admit that I am old.
I have recently taken up a job with AT&T but sadly disappointed in the pay. I had to quit my job at Best Buy of 2 years due to schedule complications with school and as I have said I am 25 I WANT OUT!
I plan to teach at high schools, possibly Cottage Hill Christian Academy where i graduated from just to irk the staff there until I am able to teach at a university. I have an unhealthy addiction to military history and plan to focus on WWI and WWII for the most part. I know just what the world needs. But who knows maybe I will be able to get a job with the history channel.

7 comments:

DaDebil said...

sounds cool.

Rachel's Blog for EDM 310 said...

I have to say that I am a history buff in some ways also,I love the history channel. I dont know if you have seen the show Surviving history but its pretty cool, they recreate all the old weapons of torture and see how effective they really were. I think that its neat that you have been to europe and your family is irish, i would love to go to europe mostly to germany because my dad's side is from there and england.

Kelly Rose edm 310 blog said...

You sound like you have great goals. Hope everything goes as you plan!

Kdub said...

I bought my phone from at&t about 2 months ago. You might not work at the store I went to but, they were super rude. You just let them know that I serve where they eat for lunch and I am super clumsy with trays of drinks. I'm just kidding...(kinda) lol. I have loved history from a young age as well, and German history is my favorite.

Catherine EDM310Fall2008 said...

Good luck with your History endeavors! I love traveling, hopefully I'll make a trip to Ireland one day.

Michael Armstrong said...

I hear ya on the working for the history channel. I would love to have that job.

Rachel's Blog for EDM 310 said...

yea i would have to agree that bobby flay is a total douche. But i do love mario and anthony bourdain is probably my all favorite because he just has a way with words. Guy fedi i think that is how you spell his name is pretty good too. i like all the little whole in the wall places he goes to.